Having seen and heard and read of so much abuse that goes on within Christianity – as to how to deal with victims of abuse – I see a need for wise Christians, to go round as many churches as possible, to show them how to deal with it appropriately.
Christians do the following far too much and it is abuse, whether intentionally, or not;
You are not healed from abuse yet because;
– “you just need to pray more”
– “you just haven’t forgiven yet”
– “don’t speak out about the abuse, that isn’t going to help”
– “you are choosing to nurse, rehearse, curse your trauma”
– “you haven’t repented of your own sins enough yet”
– “mental health illness, is evil
– “mental health illness is demonic possession
– “you have a mental health diagnosis, you must be lying/or confused”
– “if you loved God, you wouldn’t have been abused, or have mental health illness”
– “don’t seek counselling, you don’t need it, all you need to do is pray”
– “well I must side with that person you have accused of abuse, because if I don’t, I will get hassle off other church people”
– “you have X amount of time to heal/recover”
– “count your blessings and stop complaining”
– “X had trauma like yours, she got over it much quicker”
– “don’t complain about abuse if it is someone in ministry, because that will hurt too many people”
There are more, and as they come to mind, I will add them. Plus all the abuse, covering up, enabling and all the sociopath apaths.
Feel free to comment with your own spiritually abusive comments you have had from Christians.
I would imagine the person delivering this ‘news’ to Christians, would not be very popular, but they need to be told and how they should view abuse and victims.