A song that honestly expresses depression. Lana Del Rey’s work, is very honest. Love her or hate her, her music and lyrics are some the most honest out there. Reflecting life’s real issues.
I am a great believer in the only way to wise thinking, is the capacity to have critical analysis of own thinking.
So, I am continually learning about critical thinking, rational thinking.
Resources I will be downloading soon….
- The Thinker’s Guide to Analytic Thinking (Thinker’s Guide Library) – Linda Elder http://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B005XCRHYC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ANEGB3WVEVKZB&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=08PF59XW7N44RH8YB5A0&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=196161629&pf_rd_i=desktop
- The Thinker’s Guide to Fallacies: The Art of Mental Trickery – Richard Paul http://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B006GWSBIO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ANEGB3WVEVKZB&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=08PF59XW7N44RH8YB5A0&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=196161629&pf_rd_i=desktop
This is probably a book any person who is involved in religion should read. I also see how this could extend to all the New Age/pseudoscience followers too.
I see clearly how so many religious/new age people are brainwashed and don’t employ rational thinking. I see it everywhere.
I am not a sheep and prefer rational thinking and dealing with reality. I choose not to be conned and manipulated and just follow along with anything that does not seem okay. Even though that would be the easier path. And having grown up around master manipulators, I’ve learned how to spot them, their traits and trust and consider my intuition.
I feel sad for people who get brainwashed, but I feel even more sad for those they harm. And of course, it is only those Continue reading
I have encountered this a lot in my life. I have learned boundaries are vital. And realising most people employ a range of cognitive distortions to deal with the worst of suffering in life. It makes it easier to deal with.
But, that never helps complex trauma survivors. It only hurts them more. It invalidates their suffering and creates shame and further isolation, withdrawal. And further pain and suffering. Continue reading
I just tweeted how there are 4 things I’ve learned are vital in this healing complex trauma journey. They are also vital in life in general for everyone…
- Boundaries (for self and with others)
- Balance (types of activities, focusses, not overwhelming myself, rest when needed)
- Self Care (healing, joyful stuff, all the strategies I have learned, health – both physical, mental, emotional, spiritual)
- Self Compassion (knowing I have endured so much I never should have endured & it’s needed to be real about it)
I have struggled, but forced myself to learn these and they are still a work in progress.
So, keeping this in mind, as I have to remind myself of every day… I am going to yoga by the beach this morning, and then catching up with the group of ladies I am enjoying getting to know.
I know I am likely to start building friendships at church, Continue reading