Today, I think it was a Twitter full moon. Too many dysfunctional people, with self serving agenda’s, little empathy and little insight.
Many of the issues I write about came to surface, as exactly what I know plays into stigma, harm and abuse.
- The shaming issue of forcing views about forgiveness. People assume because they have forgiven – everyone should. And very entitled to project their views. Which is such a lack of empathy and abusive.
- Calling mental illness – demons…. which I know is not appropriate, very triggering for church abuse survivors. I have empathy to know not to trigger and harm spiritual abuse survivors. Others choose to not care, or think about this in a deeper way.
- Facts confirming abuse/child abuse/violence, causing the most PTSD & Complex PTSD, which irritates military people, because they normally get all the attention about PTSD. When the very fact that abuse is an epidemic, then it makes sense that PTSD/Complex PTSD caused by abuse, will also be an epidemic.
- PTSD being classified as a disorder…. some demand it should be ‘injury’ not disorder, because it was caused by trauma…. But so are many other disorders – like schizophrenia, OCD, Bipolar, Depression etc So I know in demanding PTSD be seen differently, is very demeaning about other disorders. And plays into stigma about all mental illness. And again, I have empathy to not upset people with other disorders. And the term disorder, just means collective symptoms, experiences by groups of people. So PTSD is a disorder.
- People arguing about the description of Complex PTSD, despite me following all the experts – including Judith Herman, John Briere, Bessel van der Kolk and many more. The non experts think they know more than the experts.
- Someone demanding the self care mantra, is rubbish. Which is bizarre.
- People’s general lack of empathy, self serving attitudes, selfishness, lack of insight, lack of self insight and agenda’s that have no awareness of having thought or empathy for others.
All these issues, that people get very irritated, angry and defensive about, would not be issues, if people had empathy. If people could see outside of their own needs. If people considered the needs and emotions of others. If people stopped being so selfish. if people didn’t think they know more than experts. If people stopped having opinions, from a place of ignorance. If people had insight into trauma. The list goes on.
Thank goodness for the Twitter block button, my friend Shahida and her support and willingness to hear me vent. And posts by another very insightful advocate, who is also a therapist.
What I also know, is I spent way too much time today, trying to explain and educate. But, people just don’t want to listen to anything that does not play into their own beliefs and needs.
I won’t be doing this tomorrow.
Tomorrow, I will be having much needed time off social media and lost of self care and fun with my boys, who have a day off school due to a public holiday.
I’m adding to this, you know you’ve made the right choice, when the Twitter trolls, then stalk you on your blog and start threatening you. Such unhealthy, toxic people around. Good to be able to utilise any social media anti-stalking controls.
~ Lilly Hope Lucario
All blogs written by Lilly Hope Lucario and subject to © Copyright Protected.
All rights reserved. No part of any entry/blog, may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the name of the author – Lilly Hope Lucario and a clear link back to this blog – https://healingfromcomplextraumaandptsd.wordpress.com/
This includes adaptations in all forms of media.