View this post on Instagram
#empathy #discernment #lillyhopelucario #healingfromcomplextraumaandptsd #complextrauma #ComplexPTSD #CPTSD #PTSD #abuse #childabuse #boundaries #healthypeople #selfcare #selfesteem . Empathy is not common, and it has been a part of my healing to work out & discern why people react badly to my empathy capacity. ~ Lilly Hope Lucario ❤️ . See my bio for the link to my website and there is the link to my award winning blog.
A post shared by Lilly Hope Lucario (@healingcomplextraumaptsd) on
Category Archives: Empaths
There are countless blog posts, about me feeling like an alien on this planet
I absolutely feel like an alien on this planet and have written about this many times, on my blog.
I’m aware I think differently to many people. I understand human behaviour on a deeper level than many. Which is good and bad.
Articles about empaths, that are very accurate for me.
10 Things You Notice Near An Empath
~ Aime – The Burned Hand
10 Things You Notice Near an Empath:
- Please take what we say seriously. If you ask us for advice, even if it sounds crazy, there is some truth in it. We just know things and it bothers the heck out of us when you ask us for advice and don’t listen. Sometimes things makes sense to us long before they make sense to you…and that includes “coincidences” that aren’t really a coincidence at all.
- Lies have no place in any conversation with us ever. The surest way to ruin a friendship with an empath is to continue lying to them. It’s just sad really because there is no point and it has been really painful for me personally. I have had to look into the eyes of a close friend and see the hesitation for a split second and I literally felt the lie as it slipped over my skin. I can’t explain it and I don’t want to. It is one of my most uncomfortable traits to not be able to turn off.
- Any national tragedy is unbearable…no matter how far away. I wrote a post after Sandy Hook Elementary School was in the news and to this day I can’t read about it. Period. I become the pain in a way I can’t explain to other people. Plus, I was also a teacher. I can’t “unfeel” so the less I know, the better.
- They always look tired. I love everyone, I do. But stop asking me why I have dark circles under my eyes. They have been there my whole life. Many empaths get diagnosed with chronic fatigue because they don’t know how to shield themselves properly from energy vampires This is a work in progress for many.
- Healing often becomes their way of life. My friend called me the bridge the other night. I was like interesting. I am the bridge. I see what needs to be done and I just suggest it for others. Whether it is tests, home remedies, alternative methods, exercise, nutrition, or holistic therapy suggestions, I just see it. It is how I approached my own care and came up with my wellness program, and it is how I have helped hundreds of others. It is my job to bridge the gap between modern medicine and what needs to be done in your body.
- They might get distracted easily and daydream. This is really true as I can feel some currents and go off on some other task. This is one of the reasons I have to stay organized as best I can.
- Living a lie would be damn near impossible. If someone asks me to do something I don’t like…I find a way to procrastinate. However, the procrastination might just be my intuition saying you really have to tell them no. Likewise, when someone asks me to do anything at all like “covering up for them” or “lie for them” I have a hard time holding in my anger at this type of behavior.
- No room for narcissism at all. I was asked to be in this group of people who were fawning all over someone. I thought I was going to lose my shit on all of them because the guy shows how much money he has, what he drives, how many people “love” him, and it is the biggest act I have ever seen. Things nobody has time for. THAT. My BS meter is way too high.
- The love of animals is strong within us. Most empaths love their animals as if they are furry children and would do anything for them. Anything. So just know that if you don’t like our animals…we know and you won’t last long around us.
- Empaths need laughter daily. We are connected to our bodies, sometimes. Mostly, we are in our heads. BUT you can help us by asking us to live in the moment with you. To laugh. To get out of the house if we are in hermit mood, because sometimes the world is too much for us to take. We need to remember what it’s like to be connected.
Empaths. This describes me perfectly.
Being an empathic person, with vigilance and discernment skills, plus honesty and insight capacity, I realise… is not common.
But, this describes me perfectly.
I often know more about people, than they know about themselves.
I’ve been discerning people, their motivations, their red flags, their issues…….. since I can ever remember. And surviving my childhood, required deeper levels of these skills.
And have worked for me… to survive what was meant to destroy me.
Without the capacity for empathy, advice is never wise.
The capacity for empathy, is not common. Most people can have sympathy, and some not even that.
I always know when I am dealing with someone who either has, or does not have, the capacity for empathy, by Continue reading
Takes someone really special, to be your moon…
“Many people can come into your life and
be like the sun and shine brightly for you
during the easy, light times.
But, it takes someone really special
who is willing to be there for you
during your blackness of pain,
willing to be the moon and provide
a steady chink of light,
within your darkest times.”
~ Lilly Hope Lucario
Forgiveness for abusers is one thing, empathy for future victims, is about action.
We live in a society that believes many things that are often all for self. Egocentric.
Many people believe the end of the line in dealing with abuse, is about personal healing and for some, forgiveness.
This is all about self needs.
But, what about future victims? Many don’t often care about that. I do. I care a lot.
Even my faith, the religious side of Christianity, many church people believe forgiveness, is the ‘be all and end all’. It’s not for me. I care about what will happen to others, because I have empathy and I am not ‘all about me’.
I don’t believe for one second that God requires His people to just forgive and move on. Did Jesus model that? Did he just stand there, watch abuse occur, do nothing and just forgive them and move on?
Of course he didn’t. He acted. Not in a way to repay evil with evil, but to stand up to evil and expose the abuse, lies and those being deceived. Continue reading
Wow. More ‘Old Soul’ info, I deeply relate to.
It makes me emotional to read all this info about Old Souls and identify and know this is what I am. This is my 3rd blog about being an old soul, as it is taking my time to process it all.
Below is from ^ Website.
10 Universal Problems Old Souls Experience
In the real world having people of different levels of soulful evolution co-existing with each others comes with its problems. Not only that, but having an Old Soul doesn’t necessarily equate to being ‘all-knowing’ or perfect. Rather, it’s an indication of the age of the energy known as your soul.
In my years of mentoring Old Souls and helping them through their spiritual development, these are some of the biggest problems I’ve seen, and personally experienced:
1# You’re A Social Outcast
As with anyone who perceives the world differently from others, Old Souls can experience a great (and unending) sense of isolation. Because they fail to fit into the standards that society admires and values (careers, materialism, status and so forth), they’re commonly seen as strange, offbeat and unconventional.
2# You’re The “Black Sheep”
While Old Souls can build many strong relationships with people, their penetrating ability to connect with the depths of the people in their lives can create many enemies. Seeing deeply into the core issues of the people around them, Old Souls feel an innate desire to be truthful, even if this means revealing uncomfortable truths such as the fact that many problems are caused by immaturity, or a failure to take responsibility.
Those who are willing to change will listen and like you, while the rest will feel great disdain towards you. This is why Old Souls often become the “devils advocates” or “black sheep” of their friends or family.
3# You Often Get Mislabeled
If there’s something we all love and are good at, it’s labeling people. We fool ourselves into thinking we can “know” someone by attributing a label to them. However, humans are far too complex to be boxed into a specific and unchanging group of people. In this case, Old Souls will often be given different labels, from “beatniks” to “hippies”, “anarchists” to “new age freaks”.
While you can’t fight labels, you can try to use them in a positive way. Labels can be used as sign posts, as directions towards awareness of some quality many of us share. These qualities will be different in intensity and strength in each of us, but at least they will help us understand ourselves (and the people around us) a bit better.
This is partly why I called the Old Soul Group “I’m an Old Soul” – not so people can gain egotistical pride with such a label, but to create a sense of self-awareness, to allow people to better understand themselves.
4# You Speak An Entirely Different Language
Words are symbols we each load with our own unique definitions according to our own unique life experiences that are associated with each word. What I associate with love might be entirely different from what you associate with love. For example: When someone thinks about love, they might remember their old failed relationship and feel a terrible sense of vulnerability when the word arises, while others might associate love with loyalty and friendship. Continue reading
You must be logged in to post a comment.